Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A full day!

This is my beautiful view from the yard of Sue and Bob, who were kind enough to let me camp out tonight. My phone's camera doesn't do it justice. I feel so lucky to be here, especially because in-town camping was all sold out due to the fair. I kept on walking, hoping there was some camping option not on my map (hey, you never know). I stopped in and asked Sue about it and here I am. I even got some homemade bread! What amazing trail angels! Thank you so much!
After doing the math, I realized I only ("only") went 17.5 today, but it was a busy 17.5 with lots to see in Two Rivers and Manitowoc, a mosquito run/berry fest in the Dunes Section, and getting lost in Schuette Park (after which I took a looong break). A very full day and I will sleep well tonight.
Very grateful for all the kindness shown towards me. It's always the people more than the trail itself that I remember most.

No comments:

Post a Comment