Saturday, August 16, 2014

Ellisville & Stangelville

On my way into Ellisville this morning, hot and running out of water, I happened upon this church. It was unlocked and when I went inside, organ music was playing to an empty building. I saw the woman practicing for tomorrow, presumably, and I refilled a water bottle and sat and listened. In her own world surrounded by sound, the lady never saw me but I left her a note to thank her for the music. What an uplifting break that was.
Later of course I met Gator and hung out at Janda's for, uh, almost 3 hours. It was raining and there was good company. Once the rain blew over I continued to Stangelville where the friendly and helpful locals said I could sleep under the circus tents by the church - the church is having a huge shin-dig tomorrow and I can stay dry here. There are even portapotties. Life is good. After yesterday's 21.3miles I need a half-day. Dark clouds are coming but I am safe and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment