Saturday, October 18, 2014

Update 2

Now to Chippewa County: never did a county fly past me so quickly. I blame dry feet. Seriously - I had almost entirely dry feet in Chippewa County. I had not gone a day without soaked feet since Marathon County. I could get used to this. Big miles are not nearly as painful with dry feet.

The Chippewa Moraine Segment may be in my top 5 segments. Or top 2. I liked the other segments but Chippewa Moraine feels like what the IAT is all about. The Visitor Center was super welcoming and very cool. I would hike this again. And despite the frigid cold I endured in Lincoln County, leaves are peaking here and it is GLORIOUS. One night I even had my rainfly off - haven't done that since... Cross Plains? It has been a long time.

A couple days ago I had Pride and Prejudice stuck in my head and I couldn't figure out why. Oohhh, I was on the Firth Lake Segment!

There was a terrifying stile in this county. Character-building.

I took so many pictures. None with my phone. I'll do better in Rusk.

No comments:

Post a Comment