Saturday, October 18, 2014

Update

Well! It has been awhile. First I wasn't updating due to no reception and then my phone died and then once I did get it charged I didn't want to go through that again, so... It has been awhile. I am alive, Mom and Dad...

Taylor County: Memorable. Something new around every corner. But my toughest county, likely due to being already tired after Lincoln and Langlade.

The Chequamegon was beautiful and very, very wet. I want to return someday when it is less wet. Is it ever less wet? My shoes disintegrated from all the wetness but I will NOT buy new shoes this late in the journey...

Oh, I lost my first toenail of the trip in Taylor County! Left foot, 4th toe. No pain, it just kinda fell off.

And major props and badass points to any hikers who do the Taylor-Chippewa roadwalk in summer. I did not take the scenic route, perhaps that would make it more bearable.

Sent home my tshirt and bug suit, got gloves. Instantly it got hot again. Haha!

Chippewa County: I just left it. Coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. I can assure you that it is great at Labor Day unless it's been pelting with rain.

    ReplyDelete