Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Langlade!

It boggles my mind that I am on map 39 (started on 105) and that I have reached Langlade County. Wasn't I in Hartland about a week ago? It has gone so fast.

Today is a rest day - a short jaunt into town. It is raining and I am seeing if it stops in the next hour. Last night was in the 40s but I was cozy in my sleeping bag.

Tomorrow might be a rest day too - I am killing time hoping to meet some friends at Grandfather Falls to hike Turtle Rock and Averill-Kelly with me, but in order for that to work I gotta slow down. This is a good time of the trip to slow down. Once I get closer to home I will start moving faster no matter what. My average per day that I need to hike is down to 13.8, so if I take a few short days I can easily make that up.

Looking forward to Langlade County!

No comments:

Post a Comment