Friday, September 12, 2014

A cold wet day

Before the rain really began, I put in about 7 miles. Some of that was without most of my stuff, as Tess magically showed up at the trailhead and offered to take it. She then drove north and hiked down to meet me on the Montrose segment. So fun to have company!

Then the 3 mile roadwalk was hellish despite pleasant enough roads. The rain, forecasted for 11:00, came 2 hours early along with wind that was relentless. After half an hour I could not feel my fingers. This is hypothermia weather - 40s, wet, windy. Usually hiking keeps me warm enough but today I could not warm up.

And then poof! Tess showed up in the parking lot at the same time I did. We roadtripped to Cross Plains where I got my package of maps (thanks ma) and got to meet some of the awesome IATA folks. So grateful for all they do!

We went back to Tess' where I took a hot shower, regained feeling in my toes, and fell asleep on the couch. Being inside right now is the biggest blessing. Thank you Tess!

No comments:

Post a Comment