Friday, September 5, 2014

Happy sigh.

I wish I had words to describe the Eagle Segment. I wish I could get my real camera's pictures online right now. But as Dad says, you can wish in one hand and something else in the other.

Today a storm threatened me all day but only a few rumbles reached me. Scuppernong was a challenging segment - like the Appalachian Trail in Virginia shrunk down to 5.6 miles. But then the Eagle Segment.

The Eagle Segment - it was like walking through the Dothraki Sea. Rainbow grass undulated in the wind. The sky was indigo, blue with storm, light beams shining through to highlight the oranges, purples, greens, and golds of the grasses. Giant oaks dotted the landscape, each branch larger than most trees in civilization. The yellow, white, and lavender flowers seemed determined to not give in to fall yet. And then the whole sky was black except for above my head the clouds parted and I walked in sunshine my last mile. No joke.

It was an okay day. ;)

1 comment: